Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My World Cup 2018 Tournament with Argentina (FIFA 16 MW+mods)
El Pajaro Offline
Registered

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
RE: My World Cup 2018 Tournament with Argentina (FIFA 16 MW+mods)

Argentina continued with 5-4-1 formation with Gonzalo Higuain as a lone striker but played Messi a little bit higher. When Sergio Aguero came in as a substitution at '74 Argentina switched to traditional 4-4-2 formation. Giovanni Lo Celso made his World Cup debut in defense.

Uruguay had no surprises with their lineup. Their superstar strikers were tightly held by Argentine defense and they couldn't get much going. They had constant problems with Federico Fazio's and Nicolas Otamendi's height as they effectively muted the effectiveness of headers and long balls.

Lionel Messi is about to put the deciding penalty behind Uruguay goalkeeper Fernando Musleira.

Penalties

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2019 08:36 AM by El Pajaro.)
03-20-2019 10:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
El Pajaro Offline
Registered

03-20-2019 11:40 AM
El Pajaro Offline
Registered

Contest between Germany and Argentina will revive memories of World Cup finals of the late 80s and 90s as the sides faced each other for a record third time in Brazil 2014 World Cup final.

Argentina have only scored four goals in the run up to the semifinal, compared to Germany's 11.

Before the tournament started there was a lot of speculation about Argentina's defense but defensemen like Nicolas Otamendi, Nicolas Tagliafico and also colossal Federico Fazio have been extremely solid. That has a lot to do with Argentina's playing style. They switched tactics to defensive 5-4-1 system which they have started both of their cup stage matches.

All eyes will be on Lionel Messi. Argentines will be hoping that the greatest player of his generation will be able to summon the spirit of Diego Maradona and honour the memory of deceased Alfredo Di Stefano by leading them to victory. Messi has scored only one goal in the tournament so far (against Croatia).

Germany crushed England with Thomas Muller's goals. But both Muller and Mats Hummels will be sidelined from the semifinal because of injury they got in the England game.

It's a new-look Germany that once again has high expectations
03-20-2019 10:35 PM
El Pajaro Offline
Registered

Toni Kroos tackles striker Sergio Agüero at '105 and second penalty was awarded to Argentina

Spain beat Belgium in the other semifinal and the World Cup Final will be played between Spain and Argentina

Highlights

Messi '93 1-0 (Penalty)

Messi '105 2-0 (Penalty)
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2019 08:36 AM by El Pajaro.)
03-21-2019 09:12 AM
El Pajaro Offline
Registered

Bronze game result

03-22-2019 09:22 AM
El Pajaro Offline
Registered

After enthralling games which have yielded lots of drama and goals, the winners of World Cup 2018 will be crowned on Sunday night as Spain and Argentina go head-to-head.

Spain, who lifted the World Cup in South Africa in 2010, is big favorite over Argentina who was the runner-up in 2014. Sunday's final will be Spain's second World Cup final appearance and Argentina's sixth.

Spain's all-time record vs. Argentina:

Argentina wants to forget the embarrassing loss in March and with their new-found defensive system that kind of result is not excepted. They will continue to play 5-4-1 formation and rely their tactics heavily on counterattacks. Their defense has surprised everyone during the tournament and neither France, Uruguay or Germany couldn't find keys to open it (France's goal came from penalty).

But Spain are hardly short of players who cherish possession and in Andres Iniesta, Koke, Sergio Busquets and David Silva they have a quartet capable of picking their way through the most tightly locked of defences.
03-23-2019 09:40 AM
El Pajaro Offline
Registered

No surprises in both teams' lineups. Argentina continued with their defensive formation and changed to 4-4-2 at '61 when Agüero replaced Salvio.

Koke '38 1-0 (Assist: Isco)

Spain are World Champions! Video of the celebrations.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2019 08:37 AM by El Pajaro.)
03-24-2019 09:43 AM
El Pajaro Offline
Registered

STATS

03-25-2019 08:05 AM