Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresh install no updates?
tinpanalley Offline
Registered

Given 25 thank(s) in 22 post(s)
Fresh install no updates?
Does anyone know how to install FIFA from scratch so that it doesn't update the game to the latest title update?
06-21-2018 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tinpanalley Offline
Registered

Given 25 thank(s) in 22 post(s)
RE: Fresh install no updates?
Well, I contacted EA to talk about this. They were very bizarrely vague. And the more I asked about how to do it, the more the person on the phone sort of gave me a nervous chuckle and asked why I would even bother playing without updates. I said, well there is nothing in the purchase of the license to play the game that obligates me to play with their updates or even with any specific one, is there? To which he said, well, no but every update improves the game immensely. So I said, ok.. how? And he struggled to come up with anything and then said, well if you weree wanting to play a game, you'd never be able to connect to another person. And I told him (which is true) I have never once since the 360 came out, played a game of FIFA online. I play alone offline. In fact, in the past I've even blocked the game from going online to avoid having the game get ruined by updates.

He THEN said, if I installed the game AFTER setting Origin to not automatically update games, I'd get the game as released. Well, the problem is that doesn't work, I tried. But it does, IF you disconnect your internet. It says, that you need an update and asks if you want to do it, but it doesn't give you the option to play without updating. It only cancels. Then I disconnected my desktop's connection and it went through. Problem is, I'm on the original game and was hoping to get to the January update so I could use some mods that won't run on the latest.
Anyway, in case anyone's interested, I thought I'd share my research.
06-22-2018 06:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply