Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 4.79 Average
FIFA 16 ModdingWay Mod Official Thread - 28.0.4
revilo16 Offline
Super Moderator

Given 110 thank(s) in 55 post(s)
RE: FIFA 16 ModdingWay Mod Official Thread - 28.0.4
Hey guys,
I wasn't active a lot over the last couple of months (and for whatever technical reason couldn't log in to the forum for ages now) but been following silently, and I would like to say a couple of things.

First of all, I think I can very much relate to Ariel. I don't know his private life, I don't want to presume anything in regards to that and I definitely don't want to arrogate any kind of judgement to myself. For me personally, life just happened lately, I moved to a new city (and moved within this city once more), university has been a pain in the a** and things just changed. We cannot take anything for granted and I couldn't find enough time to constructively help Ariel with this mod or even with this very forum, which I regret. This is by no means comparable to Ariel's situation as he very much single-handedly created this amazing mod in the first place. I just want to remind you all that we are just talking about a video game here and that life should always come first.

Secondly, I want to express my gratefulness for this wonderful mod Ariel (and all the contributers) created. I lack the technical capacity for modding so I couldn't have ever done something similar myself. Honestly, I wouldn't even buy (or play as much) FIFA anymore if it wasn't for this mod. Actually I didn't buy FIFA 17 and 18, and I won't buy FIFA 19 for that same reason. The moment I heard that modding would be nearly impossible after FIFA 16, there was no reason for me to do otherwise. FIFA 16 with this mod was and is in many ways a far superior immersive experience than the EA version ever was. So I cannot stress enough how much this mod means to me.

Thirdly, I really hope and wish my very best to Ariel for the future. He has every right to take a break and recover and relax for whatever time he needs. He owes us nothing, and none of us should feel entitled to demand anything from him. Just take a look back at the numerous updates he provided, adding tons of things that weren't even that necessary, and be grateful for the things we got. Of course I would like to have another update for the next season but if not, so be it. This should be a hobby to all of us and what's the point of driving this forward when there is no joy in the process of doing so? Many of the people commenting here (and by no means all of them!) should relax for the moment and appreciate the things we got already.

Fourthly, if there is any way we can help you, Ariel, I think many of us would gladly do so. My free time is still very much limited and will likely keep that way for the near future, but please tell us if there is something. I think the one thing we can all provide I already mentioned above, to just pay some respect and stop asking the same questions over and over again. Me personally, I would also not hesitate to donate some bucks to you. I know (if I remember correctly) that you always denied this kind of advances but since this is very much my "new" FIFA version for each season (and winter break), I could provide this kind of help. I know you did this as a hobby, but maybe it would be some kind of relief if some of us would donate a little bit (although I'm not sure if we would legally be allowed to take money for this mod, but I am sure we could figure this out).

And lastly, since I know this comment is already way too long to read I would like to announce that from this point on we will no longer accept comments asking for an update. Feel free to ask questions regarding the current state of the mod or to offer your respect for Ariel's work but there is no need to endlessly ask the same question if there is clearly no answer at this point. I hope everyone understands.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018 08:13 PM by revilo16.)
10-22-2018 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: nikolapfc89 , rafacardoso27 , drigOrange , KingBurg , Fenix , Nirva108 , SheffieldGamer
nikolapfc89 Offline
Registered

Given 54 thank(s) in 27 post(s)
I also prefer to donate for this amaizing mod, instead paying greedy ea for new their games. Its better to donate to have mod for fifa 16. Its worth that.
Anyway i respect any of his decision. His work is masive, big and top class. I am very thankful for what he did with the game. Its amaizing.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018 08:15 PM by nikolapfc89.)
10-22-2018 08:14 PM
 Thanks given by: rafacardoso27 , drigOrange , KingBurg , Fenix
evolintent81 Offline
Registered

Given 56 thank(s) in 43 post(s)
I would also donate for this mod as well! @Ariel i would donate no problem if that what it takes now
(10-22-2018 08:14 PM)nikolapfc89 Wrote:  I also prefer to donate for this amaizing mod, instead paying greedy ea for new their games. Its better to donate to have mod for fifa 16. Its worth that.
Anyway i respect any of his decision. His work is masive, big and top class. I am very thankful for what he did with the game. Its amaizing.

I would also donate for this mod as well! @Ariel i would donate no problem if that what it takes now
(10-22-2018 08:14 PM)nikolapfc89 Wrote:  I also prefer to donate for this amaizing mod, instead paying greedy ea for new their games. Its better to donate to have mod for fifa 16. Its worth that.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018 03:19 AM by evolintent81.)
10-23-2018 03:19 AM
Uguudei Jargalsaikhan Offline
Whatdivock

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
@Ariel I just want to say, thank you for all the mods and everything you did for Moddingway community. Me and countless others who don't post here have used your mods for years and enjoyed thousands of hours of fun playing the mod. It's unbelievable what you guys do, and I know how long and hard it is sometimes. I'm not saying you have to do it, but it would be a fantastic tribute/end to the mod if we had a MW community 18/19 mod because we already have the fifa 19 faces available, kits already converted by Scouser09 etc.

I also think we should be able to donate to the modders who make this mod possible, because I would gladly donate 10$ etc to the mod! It's more than worth it and you guys deserve it! Good luck Ariel and the other MW modders, we appreciate all your work!
10-23-2018 06:00 AM
 Thanks given by: abdul_fifamod16
nisoley Offline
Registered

Given 68 thank(s) in 54 post(s)
Same here. I also would donate and I've some friends which surely would do the same!
10-23-2018 10:08 AM
miseno07 Offline
Registered

I actually like this idea of donating money, I would even make everybody pay who downloads the mod, so that modders have some benefit from it.

I would rather pay 20 euro for the mod than 60 euro for garbage fifa 19 pc version.

So if Ariel decides to mod this season I am ready to donate. Peace
10-23-2018 01:53 PM
 Thanks given by: nikolapfc89
Fenix Offline
Registered

Given 131 thank(s) in 107 post(s)
The problem is not a money just now Ariel no free time and maybe he need more people to help with mod
10-23-2018 02:21 PM
nikolapfc89 Offline
Registered

Given 54 thank(s) in 27 post(s)
(10-23-2018 01:53 PM)miseno07 Wrote:  I actually like this idea of donating money, I would even make everybody pay who downloads the mod, so that modders have some benefit from it.

I would rather pay 20 euro for the mod than 60 euro for garbage fifa 19 pc version.

I would really like to pay like full game every season 16 mod, than buyng ea.
It's worth for me cause i will still play 16.
10-23-2018 02:25 PM
 Thanks given by: abdul_fifamod16
miseno07 Offline
Registered

(10-23-2018 02:25 PM)nikolapfc89 Wrote:  
(10-23-2018 01:53 PM)miseno07 Wrote:  I actually like this idea of donating money, I would even make everybody pay who downloads the mod, so that modders have some benefit from it.

I would really like to pay like full game every season 16 mod, than buyng ea.
It's worth for me cause i will still play 16.
If lets say 150 people are willing to give 20 euro for the mod, I think it could be a good motivation for Ariel to continue Smile
10-23-2018 03:05 PM
revilo16 Offline
Super Moderator

Given 110 thank(s) in 55 post(s)
I just want to point out that it was not my intention to imply that money is some kind of medicine that heels everything and allows Ariel to continue, because we all know it's not. Just to clarify, this is most likely not the main issue, it was just something that crossed my mind to have this way to pay respect and say thank you for all the hard work.

Just to clarify if there was any kind of misunderstanding. The best thing we can do for now is to give Ariel space and all the time he needs. And whatever kind of decision he might eventually make will be the right one, and we are not the ones to judge.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018 11:26 PM by revilo16.)
10-23-2018 11:24 PM
 Thanks given by: abdul_fifamod16 , nikolapfc89