Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Edit moddingway DB 7.0 with Creation Master without corrupting competition files
matthewmo Offline
Registered

Brazil
Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
RE: Edit moddingway DB 7.0 with Creation Master without corrupting competition files
I also have tried to add new teams with CM 16. I could succesfully add them, but there are some players with missing names.
02-11-2017 11:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
idku-efef Offline
Registered

Indonesia
Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
RE: Edit moddingway DB 7.0 with Creation Master without corrupting competition files
(08-08-2016 08:44 PM)LucaAF Wrote:  Posted this on the mod thread a while back :

1. Open up CM16 and edit whatever you want to edit.

2. Make sure that your changes are saved (it may take a few tries unfortunately)

3.If you are sure you made the changes, go to ModdingWay Selector and backup your database.

4. In FIFA 16/DATA/DB you will find the file fifa _ng_db. Copy the file
to another folder and then DELETE it from the db folder.This step is
very important.

5. Go back to ModdingWay Selector and apply the database.

6. Go to the folder where you saved the edited fifa_ng_db, copy the file
and replace it in the place of the new one , that will appear after you
apply the database, in FIFA 16/DATA/DB.

7.Enjoy all the competitions in the second year of the career
(08-08-2016 05:52 PM)kantonin Wrote:  Hello,

Someone can tell me how can we edit 7.0 DB of the mod without corrupting competition files ?

Each time I try, I can't play europeen cups in career mode.

Thanks a lot
Hello mate..
I have a same issue with OP. And I try doing like your post. Why in career manager there isn't UCL match?
Even though I've already load/apply the default db 8.
04-30-2017 09:54 AM
LucaAF Offline
Registered

Romania
Given 14 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
I made that post a while ago when I also had issues with CM. Trust me, i tried so many different ways before coming to those steps. Follow them by heart and everything will work. I made changes to the database many times after finding out what the correct steps were, and most times i first simulated all the way to the 3rd season to make sure european competitions worked.
Good luck and have fun with Fifa and this mod.
05-11-2017 08:39 PM
 Thanks given by: Ariel
hibee72 Offline
Registered

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Which DB should I apply on step 5?
The original DB 7.0?
The DB I backed up at step 3?

Should I also apply the starting year of career (i.e. 2015, for example)?
Thanks
(08-08-2016 08:44 PM)LucaAF Wrote:  Posted this on the mod thread a while back :

1. Open up CM16 and edit whatever you want to edit.

2. Make sure that your changes are saved (it may take a few tries unfortunately)

3.If you are sure you made the changes, go to ModdingWay Selector and backup your database.

4. In FIFA 16/DATA/DB you will find the file fifa _ng_db. Copy the file
to another folder and then DELETE it from the db folder.This step is
very important.

5. Go back to ModdingWay Selector and apply the database.
07-18-2017 11:59 PM
scapella1789 Offline
Registered

Colombia
Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi I have this problem, I want to change the kits numbers and type of collars (I'm trying to update kits), I do it on CM16 and apply, safe, regenerate all the changes but then It doesn't reflect on the game, I don't know if the problem is with the database or am I forgetting to do something, please help me.
08-15-2017 05:41 PM
hibee72 Offline
Registered

(08-15-2017 05:41 PM)scapella1789 Wrote:  Hi I have this problem, I want to change the kits numbers and type of collars (I'm trying to update kits), I do it on CM16 and apply, safe, regenerate all the changes but then It doesn't reflect on the game, I don't know if the problem is with the database or am I forgetting to do something, please help me.
Hi mate,
I guess you'll have to check the folder
FIFA 16\data\fifarna\lua\assignments\teams

for the team_XXX.lua files, where XXX is the ID of the team you changed kit numbers and collars.
If there are some statements in these files, these ones have priority on the changes you made via CM16.
So you have 2 choices then:
1) delete all the entries in the team_XXX.lua files;
2) update the entries in the team_XXX.lua files in order they cover the changes you made via CM16.

These statements are a good way to change some aspects of the game without editing the DB directly, so there are less chance to harm a started career.
Hope this could be helpful.
08-16-2017 06:59 PM
scapella1789 Offline
Registered

Colombia
Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
(08-16-2017 06:59 PM)hibee72 Wrote:  
(08-15-2017 05:41 PM)scapella1789 Wrote:  Hi I have this problem, I want to change the kits numbers and type of collars (I'm trying to update kits), I do it on CM16 and apply, safe, regenerate all the changes but then It doesn't reflect on the game, I don't know if the problem is with the database or am I forgetting to do something, please help me.
Hi mate,
I guess you'll have to check the folder
FIFA 16\data\fifarna\lua\assignments\teams

for the team_XXX.lua files, where XXX is the ID of the team you changed kit numbers and collars.
If there are some statements in these files, these ones have priority on the changes you made via CM16.
So you have 2 choices then:
1) delete all the entries in the team_XXX.lua files;
2) update the entries in the team_XXX.lua files in order they cover the changes you made via CM16.

These statements are a good way to change some aspects of the game without editing the DB directly, so there are less chance to harm a started career.
Hope this could be helpful.
Wow thank you, just one question, if I delete those entries, will the team crash? or something like that? or those entries get replaced when I regenerate and make changes via CM16?
08-18-2017 03:09 AM
hibee72 Offline
Registered

(08-18-2017 03:09 AM)scapella1789 Wrote:  Wow thank you, just one question, if I delete those entries, will the team crash?
-
The team won't crash. Maybe if you changed some crucial values after you started your career, your career saved game could crash the game.
These statements are made in order to make some minor changes to the DB without changing the DB. So your career won't crash.

or something like that? or those entries get replaced when I regenerate and make changes via CM16?
-
No.
These statements have priority on the kits data in the DB (those ones you changed via CM16).
If there are some statements in these files, their data are loaded instead of those one present in the DB. If they are empty, the kits data are those one set in the DB.
These are Scouser's Revolution Mod 16 statements: if you download the latest release there is a manual with all the statements you can use (they may affect not just the kits data).

The statement you may find in the team_XXX.lua should be something like this:

assignKitDetails(teamid,kittype,namefont,namecolour,namelayout,numberset,numberc​olourshirt, numbercolourshort,fit,collarnumber)

where:
teamid: self explanatory;
kittype: 0=home, 1=away, 2=goalie, 3=3rd kit, 4=alternate kit and so on;
namefont: self explanatory;
namecolour: the value of the name colour reported in HEX "AA0000". The six digits report in couples the RGB values in hex. For example: 000000 is black, FFFFFF is white, FF0000 is red, and so on;
namelayout: 0=straight, 1=curved;
numberset: the number of the font number;
numbercolourshirt: the value of the colour number (1-14, where 1=white, 2=black, 3=red, 4=blue, etc.);
numbercolourshort: same as above about the number on the shorts;
fit: 0=normal, 1=tight;
collarnumber: corresponding collar type value (the most common are 0 for round collar, 7 for a V collar, etc.)

Cheers.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017 12:00 AM by hibee72.)
08-18-2017 11:39 PM
 Thanks given by: scapella1789
Jaundice Offline
Registered

Poland
Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi;
As the whole topic is about modding database of moddingway mode I would like to ask a few questions.

I’m struggling with adding new kits. I know how to substitute them via Creation Master and by using lua files.
But I would like to create third kits for many teams in English championship.
I tried cloning kits in CM, but then they don’t appear in game. Also I tried using lua statements, but it came to the same.
I suppose moddingway works little bit different. Shall I install revolution mod?

Thanks for your help.

PS: By mistake I forgot to delete fifa_ng_db (with one that I should save) and the kits show up in game. But now I think that it will spoil the European/international competitions.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2018 05:18 PM by Jaundice.)
02-04-2018 10:26 AM
jeacelo Offline
Registered

Espana
Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
@hibee72, could you help me please?

Quote:Hi friends!
I have a problem with the Iceland away kit. Numbers and font doesn't appear. Instead, blue frames do it. Is there any way to solve this bug? I have try to change the number and the font color in Creation Master but it doesn't work.

Thanks & Regards!
02-12-2018 10:04 PM